Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stephanie Meyer, My Thoughts

Everyone has heard of the Twilight series of books. Many have watched the movie. In truth, I can see how it caught on. She wrote and marketed her stuff from a niche, a very targeted group and it expanded from there.

If she was judged on her creative writing skills alone, she'd suffer poorly. But as many authors are finding out, some of the bestsellers are not well-written. They are written with a specific group in mind and master marketed to that group. That is how an author finds success.

1 comment:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

Fortunately, vampire novels leave me feeling drained an unhappy, so I wasn't even tempted to get on the Meyer bandwagon. But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't take note of how she captured her audience.

Malcolm