Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Review ~ "I Romanced the Stone" by Marvin Wilson

At first glance at the cover, I thought this book was about a man ready to kill himself. Then I noticed the hand in the clouds and figured he'd gotten saved. After some thought, I figured it out before opening the book, always a good thing.

In this true story, Marvin Wilson details his life as a druggie and hippie, two words that nearly became synonymous in the 60's and 70's. He talks about the ups and downs of street life and the dangers that lie within when you live the fast life.

Wilson also talks about his transformation in Jesus Christ in no uncertain details. The way he talks about the struggles of life without Christ, and the struggles of life when you first meet Christ was one of the most realistic accountants of salvation I've read in ages. I love the detail, the sarcastic humor, and the warnings that exist page after page. Good book and one that will go into my personal library.



No comments: